Sunday, June 1, 2008

Oh wow.

We haven't even been here 24 hours, I can't believe it. I'm just in a state of awe right now. I get why people move to Thailand. Not that I could see myself doing that, but this city is amazing. It's like no where else I have ever been.

We got in last night around 6ish. Checked into our rooms, which are gigantic. It's bigger than my entire apartment in Italy I think. And the beds. I was expecting European beds, I mean thais are tiny people. No no no. The bed takes up half the room, and its amazing. Our rooms have balconies that overlook towards the Victory Monument. And there's a pool, which I'm about to check out once I am done with this.

Last night after getting settled we went exploring in the area, just down the street. Bill(our professor) was meeting some friends at a resturaunt/bar and invited us. I just got a coke and we sat there for awhile talking with them. (Side note: the waitress there has amazing tattoos. Her upper arm is in leopard print, I love it). Then a 7-11 stop(there's one every block it seems). I was ready to crash by 10 PM, less than 8 hours of sleep in 3 days was not a good thing. I got up wicked early this morning though, about 6. Of course with a migraine, mostly from dehydration and no food. That was quickly remedey though. I really haven't been hit by jet lag, which is good. I mean I might be in bed early again tonight, but that's just from a long day and the heat. We did some exploring today, James and I went to the mall down the street early this morning. These malls are gigantic. We then went back and met up with some others, followed by a trip to the biggest mall. Supposedly it is the biggest in all of Southeast Asia, and I believe that. We got lost just in the food court. Then there was a whole luxury floor, I mean Burberry, Prada, etc. I think I will be staying away from that floor. But I did spot a Zara, which will be a must return. On the way to the mall we spotted a hiphop show being set up, so on the way back we checked it out. It was interesting to say the least. When we walked up, they were playing Low. and it was 8-9 year old thai girls, who I am sure had no concept of the song. It was an experience, especially listening to the promo spots soley in Thai, not getting a word of it.

After sitting out there for awhile the heat was getting to us, so we came back. The others are back in the hotel and going to the pool. Which is my next stop, I just had to send out emails to let everyone know I'm still alive. And don't worry, I think I will be for awhile. It seems really safe here. Traffic is the only concern, and they do stop if you run in front of them, so we all know I'm good.

Okay, pool time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home