Thursday, July 24, 2008

All it takes is a little convincing.

We got back to the city. Thank god. It took all of my dinner last night to convince them to let us come here. But once we established that the city is only 40 minutes away, not 3 hours, and we have a ton of stuff to do here, it worked. I don't know what I'm more excited about, internet or mcdonalds. and getting more quai on my phone so i can actually keep using it.

A lot has happened since saturday. We went on a hike to a temple on a mountain. Which was really not worth it. and i made the trek in my rainbows. which warranted the chinese partners telling me to be careful 100 times. It took all my energy not to snap at them. I don't know why they think they are in charge of us and know more than us, but they do. I sort of want to stand up and be like hey, i've probably done a lot more, been a lot more places, and seen a lot more than all of you. i know when to be careful. and that does not include every 5 steps of hiking or avoiding a certain path because there is a dog. I am 21 and can take care of myself, thanks.

We also moved houses. Which sucked because i loved our host family, but now we have a real shower and a bed(even if i am sharing it). and there's a possibility of getting internet in the house, but this is china, and who knows.

i miss home. and having people to talk to. The other 2 girls in the village are good to have, but I just don't connect with them. everyone on this program seems to be from such a different background than me. I mean, I know when I'm travelling to only bring bags i can carry, not to have to rely on someone else everytime. and i'm okay with being dirty, i don't need massages or pedicures. I just am sort of at this roadblock with the other people here, I want to yell at them sometimes to step outside of their bubble, but i also know to keep it civil because these are the few people i will have to talk to for the next few weeks. It'll just be good to be back to my real life, I'm ready to start counting down the days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home