Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is it August yet?

I'm in a very weird state right now. With the field school ending in 3 days, everyone here is anxious to go home. Everyone has been talking about how they miss people from back home and all that such. You can really tell it is the end though, because we are all just starting to grate on each other's nerves. Which is making me slightly happy this is ending. The field school, well its been unexpected. I really feel like this has been a month of vacation, not school. I'm getting credits though, even though I feel completley clueless about Thailand or anything anthropological.

But back to the going home thing. I've heard it several times, people don't know how I do it, not going home after this. Well, I don't know how I'm going to do it either. It's not so much I want to go home. I know CT is boring as can be, and no one is in Raleigh right now. I just want it to be August, so school(well school life) can start up and I can see everyone. I miss hanging around with people I can talk to and who know me. On a trip with 9 girls, all of who have strong personalities, it feels like I am on the defensive a lot here. Its a lesson in patience some days, but I never have liked lessons. A huge part of this is also I'm terrified about next month. Terrified. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm completely unprepapred for teaching lessons. I'm sort of just predicting a huge disaster. I think if I could right now, I would drop out of LE. But I cant. And it is something I need to do. It just might take a lot of work.

So with the last few days here, you think I would be running around making the most of the city. Not really. I have seen all the major sights, and the only things I really want to do are on weekends or at night. Yesterday I went to my last temple, the Golden Mount. I think I will be happy to never see another Buddha statue in my life again. After that I was in the need of good food, so Cari and I went to Paragon. Can I say how much I love Mexican food? I was such a pig. It was one of those days where I kept eating because it tasted good, not because I was hungry. So then we walked around Paragon, with me complaining about how full I was. I got some new books to read and wanted to do some shopping. Zara here was so ridiculously expensive, I was highly dissapointed. I guess we were in the desinger mall though. After that we had our last group outing and went on a dinner cruise. It was a challenging night. But 2 large Singhas later, I was doing alright. Like I said, we are all ready to go home.

After all of that, I came back and could not sleep. I don't know what I've caught, but I feel awful today. So after napping on and off until 2pm, I finally got up. That's what an invitation to Mister Donut can inspire. After donuts though, it was right back in bed. And now I just finished watching Definetley Maybe online. It was alright. Nothing too moving, but it did entertain me for 2 hours.

Now I think tonight we are going out to an Issan club with Bill. Something about traditional Issan dance and music. It should be fun. I really do like our professor Bill. He's been frustrating at times, but he is such a nice man, and I love all of his stories. It's just about the timing. And well, sometimes Singhas help with that issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home