Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm beginning to change my mind on city life.

I could live ocean side forever. I haven't even back in Bangkok 3 hours and I want to scream. This could be in part due to the fact that as we were landing in Bangkok, I realized that as thouroughly as I had checked the hotel in Krabi, my keys were still in that dark corner of the security box. Ooops. At least I think it will only cost 300 baht, or $10 US. Which is much better than expected. Oh, and coming home from the airport? Worst taxi driver ever. I mean worst than the one that kicked us out of the cab. There were signs everywhere at the airport saying meter is the only legal fare for taxis. Of course as soon as I hop in one, he tells me $500 baht. I say no and he starts yelling in thai. So much for that farang friendly sign on the door. He got the point though when I opened the door, and turned on the meter. Then he insisted on using the tollway, and tried to not give me change. And of course he went through victory monument, adding a half hour to the taxi ride. I think it is bad when I know the shortcuts to take around here more so than the taxi drivers know. At least only one more week in this city.

The beach was amazing. I want to go back this instant. The resort, that I splurged on for $30 US a night was worth every penny. They did the whole towel animal thing, and there were flowers everywhere. I had my own little hut almost, it was adorable. Exactly like how staying at the beach in Thailand should be. And the breakfast there that was included was awesome. I miss having real breakfast, and not just "bakery", or toast as we call it back in the states. Rather I had real eggs(that don't make you sick like mezzanine's do) and juice, and coffee, and banana pancakes. I love banana pancakes I have decided. It feels sort of like a tragedy that I have never had them before this week. Breakfast was the only decent food down there though. Last night I went exploring and chose a place with a real brick oven, so I could eat decent pizza. Big mistake. I should have noticed the thai/german/italian mixed menu, but nope. First off they gave me the wrong pizza, and tried to tell me I just didn't know what I ordered. Then my 4 formaggi pizza has almost no formaggi. Umm that's kind of the point. The one cheese on there was cheddar. So woohoo for getting cheddar finally, I just didn't expect it on my pizza. It also proved the point that as delicious as cheddar cheese is, it doesn't belong on some things, like pizza. Other than the food adventures though, the beach was great. I spent all 3 days just laying out on Ao Nang, the beach 400 meters away. I had all these plans to go to other beaches and go snorkling or trekking, but that beach was just too nice. I love laying out in the sun. It's sort of sad getting sunburn gives me such satisfaction, I know I will pay for this one day with skin cancer.

Now I think I will just go lounge around my room, not sure if anyone else is in the city. That and my internet is not working in the room, so I'm at the internet cafe. Hopefully when I go back it will be working. There are a million things I should do, like laundry, but laziness shall prevail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home